Thursday, March 10, 2016

First Two Days in Chicago

      Hello, visitors! I am not in Michigan anymore-
I'm in Chicago, Illinois! Yesterday, me and my family got to go to Legoland! It was so much fun! We got to build race cars and race them down tracks. Margeaux made a house on wheels! It was so cute! And we got to see how                     real lego bricks were made! Me, Margeaux, and my dad saw a lego movie short and there was special effects  that made it rain water for about 2 seconds. It was in 3-D, so I got to wear special 3-D glasses.
       Today, I went to the Art Institute of Chicago, where I saw all these wonderful paintings. Here are some of the artists I looked at: 
  • Vincent Van Gogh. He painted dark at first, and then lighter and happier. Also, he painted the bedroom paintings. It's the first time that they're all together!



  • Paul Gauguin. He painted a picture with a Cézanne in the background.
  •  Cézanne. He painted his wife sitting in a yellow chair. She looked serious.
  • Pissarro. She paints people doing everyday things, like drinking coffee. 

  • Toulouse-Lautrec. He painted a picture of ballerinas.
  • Seurat. He painted a picture called A Sunday on La Grand Jatte. It's made up of tiny dots.   
  • Claude Monet. He painted lily pads and haystacks. I have a lily pad painting in my bedroom at our apartment! 
Also, there are some miniature rooms. It looks like they took an entire house or palace and shrunk it! 
                 

4 comments:

  1. Dear Dorothy,

    Thank you for sharing a little bit of your trip with us. I've always wanted to visit the Art Museum in Chicago and I never have. I now see that I need to make sure I go there soon. I am wondering if you have a favorite artist of all the ones you looked at and why you would choose that one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have two favorites. Vincent Van Gogh and Claude Monet. Van Gogh because he painted his feelings, so it didn't look real, or just like a photograph. I like Monet because he paints the same thing all over again to see what it looked like in different seasons, or in different amounts of light. From,
      Dorothy

      Delete
  2. I have been to the Legoland California. Another thing to consider is, does Chicago Legoland have something called Mindstorm? It's about programming. I have never seen how Lego Bricks were made. I sometimes think museums may be boring. However, I liked the bedroom pictures.

    ReplyDelete

  3. I have been to the Legoland of California. Another thing to consider is, does Chicago Legoland have something called Mindstorm? It's about programming. I have never seen how Lego Bricks were made. I sometimes think museums may be boring. However, I liked the bedroom pictures.

    ReplyDelete